Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gmail themes screenshots and GIMP watermarking.

I love google. After orkut, its time to give some nice look to your gmail box too. Recently google launched themes as gmail's setting option. You can read more about this the official gmail blog.

Official Gmail Blog: Spice up your inbox with colors and themes

In gmail settings, go to Themes tab where you can choose theme you like.


(Settings)

Here you can see some nice themes like Terminal for geeks,

(Terminal Theme)

But I liked Pebbles theme very much,

(Pebbles Theme)

may be because this is my favorite image which is my wallpaper since I started using Mac4lin, have a look,
(My Pebble Wallpaper)


As you can see, I embedded some text in these images as watermarks. I used GIMP to achieve this. This will protect my images from inappropriate reuse. Also it will identify myself on web and if somebody needs original image, will contact me back, so I guess its a nice practice to watermark published images.

4 comments:

Administrator said...

I found a free online image watermark tool called Batch Watermarker that can automate the whole process of image watermarking. If you are away from your PC and don't want to download any software, you can just use this online version of watermarking tool for free. It's quick and it's easy to use.

You can also download their full version of Batch Watermark software program if you want to watermark multiple image files in a folder with just a click of the mouse.

Anonymous said...

You could make them a little less obtrusive/annoying by fading them further into the image while retaining all their use.

cheers

Anonymous said...

There are tools which people can use and download ur image,delete your watermark and use it in whatever way they wish.

Vinit said...

@Administrator
Nice tool, thanks but it does not have enough control on how we want the watermark.

@anonymous1
Yeah, i will try to make them less annoying next time, thank you.

@anonymous2
can you tell me abt such tools, bcoz i m not aware of any such tool/method.